Our website uses cookies to enhance the visitor experience (what's a cookieCookies are small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit a website. They are mainly used as a way of improving the website functionalities or to provide more advanced statistical data.). Are you happy for us to use cookies during your visits?
Please note: continuing without making a choice equates to giving us your consent, which you can withdraw at any time via our cookies policy page.

Call us on 01234 355 300

Archive for October, 2014

How to choose an accountant

As your business grows, you may find that you need to bring in some serious financial expertise. That means one thing: an accountant. But how should you go about picking one? Your business relationship with your accountant is one of the closest you’ll make. This person will be responsible for making sure your business is[…] Read more »

Self-employed Business

How can I easily calculate a total amount to claim for the self-employed business I run from my home, for example the total amount of usage for rent, gas, insurance, council tax, internet usage and broadband? There is an easy way to calculate the deductible amount of your home expenses, you simply record how many[…] Read more »

VAT on International Services

When you sell services to businesses in other countries, the sale will generally be outside the scope of UK VAT. You don’t charge VAT on your invoice, but you need to report the value of that sale as part of the total in box 6 on your VAT return. There are exceptions to this general[…] Read more »

You are currently browsing the blog archives for October, 2014.



Subscribe to the blog